Anyone who will be attending or participating in the supervised and un-supervised activities ("Activities") at the McAlpine-Pierce Family Reunion 2018 (“Participants”) event by submitting the registration form and associated fees, including registrations submitted on behalf of spouses, partners, family members or parents and guardians on behalf of adult children or minors, agree to these terms as a condition of attendance to, or participation in reunion Activities. Activities include meals (catered and/or cooked, served or provided by reunion Participants), beverage services, indoor/outdoor games, including; playground games, athletic activities, swimming, dances, meetings, and other similar activities. Participants are fully aware that participation in these Activities is totally voluntary. In consideration of registration and payment of the reunion fees to participate in the aforementioned Activities, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged to be consideration, Participants agree as follows:
1) Individually, and on behalf of any adult or minor child listed on the reunion registration form (“Participant Group”), and the Participant Group’s respective heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives, Participants hereby release, acquit, hold harmless, defend and forever discharge the McAlpine-Pierce Reunion Committee (in their official and individual capacities) from any and all liability whatsoever for any and all damages, losses, or injuries to persons or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs, expenses, judgments and attorney’s fees, which arise out of, during, or in connection with participation in the aforementioned Activities, including, but not limited to any damages, losses, or injuries to persons or property or both, which may be sustained or suffered by any person in connection with the Participant Group’s association with, or participation in Activities at the McAlpine-Pierce 2018 Reunion.
2) Participants agree these rules/terms & conditions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Virginia, and if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
3) The Registration Form for the McAlpine-Pierce Family 2018 Reunion, includes these rules/terms & conditions by reference. By registering for the McAlpine-Pierce Family Reunion 2018, the registrant hereby acknowledges and represents that; he/she has read this entire document, he/she has the right to bind all Participants listed on the registration form to this agreement, the Participants understand the terms and provisions hereunder, he/she understands that this document affects their legal rights and those of their Participant Group, and that the Participant has accepted the terms of this document knowingly and voluntarily.
4) Participants hereby acknowledge and accept that there are certain risks, including bodily injury and death that could result from participation in the aforementioned Activities at the McAlpine-Pierce Family 2018 Reunion, and participants have knowingly and voluntarily decided to assume the risks of these inherent dangers in consideration of registration to participate in the aforementioned Activities.
5) Participants will supervise the distribution of alcoholic beverages to members of their Participant Group to prevent anyone from becoming intoxicated. But if any members of their Participant Group become intoxicated, the Participants will provide alternate means of transportation for those individuals.